In observance of the Nation Memorial Day Holiday, the Faith and Parish Office will be closed starting Saturday, May 26. We will re-open on Tuesday, May 30.
Come for some great food, fun, and friendship... all for a good cause on Sun., May 28 from 8:00am - 11:00am. Food includes omelets, ham, sausage, waffles, eggs, pancakes, pho, and more
Due to slower traffic, starting May 26, the Parish and Faith Formation Offices will be closed on Saturday. In case of any urgent sick calls, please continue to call the Parish Office and follow the prompts
4th DEGREE KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
The 4th Degree Knights of Columbus is sponsoring a Flag Retirement Ceremony at Green Valley Clubhouse located across the street from our Church's parking lot on Sat., June 3, from 11:00am until 3:00pm. Anyone having old, worn flags are invited to bring them to the Parish Office. For more info., please call Roy Sapp at (714) 809-7666.
All are invited to our May Crowning on Tuesday, May 23, at 7:00pm in the Church. Please join us as we celebrate the motherhood of Mary, Mother of Mothers. The May Crowning will begin with the Rosary, followed by the Crowing of Mary, and will close with Benediction. All children are encouraged to march in the procession, and the First Holy Communion children to wear their First Holy Communion clothes. Please bring flowers.
Adoration for June will be on Sun., June 4, after the 6:30pm Mass until the 6:30am Mass on Mon., June 5.
MEMORIAL DAY HOLIDAY
On Monday, May 29, our Nation will celebrate Memorial Day. It is a day to remember...
* To remember that our nation is blessed by God and entrusted with His bounty. Our existence and heritage are made by the sacrifices of many.
* To remember the true meaning of so many gravesites marked with flags, flags of many sons and daughters who join the communion of saints.
* To remember our inherited and inescapable responsibilities to these fallen heroes, ensuring that this one Nation Under God continues for those who follow us. At our 9:00am Memorial Day Mass, all military members and military members of our Allies are encouraged to attend, and if possible, to be in uniform or service attire with personal decorations and campaign insignia appropriate for each service and each country representative of our Parish. Reception to follow after Mass in the Patio. Thank you for serving our Country, our Community, and our Church. We are blessed with your presence!
OFFERTORY FAMILY NEEDED
If your family would like to be an offertory family during our Masses, the sign-up folder is in the back of the Church. Please call the Parish Office if you have questions.
The Faith Formation Program at our parish is in need of Catechists. We invite you (parents, teachers, college students….) to consider being God's messenger to spread the Good News and open the children's hearts to the Lord. As a person of faith, you can share your own faith experiences. This can be your love of God, your gratitude for God's many gifts, and your personal friendship with Jesus. You could volunteer as main teacher, assistant, office helper, or special events. Classes are open on weekends and weekdays, from kindergarten through high school for Confirmation.
KEEPING SUNDAY - ALL DAY
As we take time each week to celebrate the Paschal Mystery in the Eucharist and to rest from the burdens of our daily lives, we remind ourselves that we are made in the image and likeness of God who “rested on the seventh day from all the work he had undertaken” (Gn 2:2).
To celebrate the Lord’s Day more fully, consider trying the following:
·Don’t use Sunday as your catch-all day for errands and household chores.
·Share a family meal after Mass. Have the whole family join in the preparation and cleanup.
·Go for a walk or bike ride and give thanks to God for the beauty of nature.
·Spend time reading the Bible or a spiritual book.
·Pray the Rosary or the Liturgy of the Hours, alone or with others.
·Visit parishioners and others who are homebound.
·Read Bible stories to your children.
·Turn off your gadgets and enjoy the silence.
(Info. taken from USCCB from Celebrating the Lord’s Day)
HOLY SPIRIT FEAST DAY CELEBRATION!
Save the date!!!
Pentecost Sunday, June 4
· Patron Feast Day of our Parish from 8:30am - 9:00pm
· Join us for live entertainment, ethnic food, and desserts
· Hourly drawings, raffle of $2,000, $1,000, & $500.
· Proceeds from the Holy Spirit Feast Day Celebration will go toward the Our Lady of Grace Pastoral Center Capital Campaign. Our goal is to raise $50,000 to help furnish the A/V equipment and other items needed for the new Pastoral Center.
RESPECT LIFE MINISTRY
The Respect Life Ministry has joined with local civic, educational and religious leaders in supporting a Fountain Valley High School team, lead by Eagle Scout candidate, Parker Johnson, in exposing and educating the community on the rampant addiction to pornography. This awareness presentation will be held on Tuesday, May 23 at 7:00pm in the FVHS gym. Average age of exposure is 11 years old! Learn the harmful effects to the brain and to society! All ages are invited to attend this free event. For more info., visit Fight the New Drug.org
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN Our Lady of Grace Pastoral Center
On behalf of Msgr. Tuan and the entire Capital Campaign Team, thank you! We continue to receive your pledges both online and through envelopes. We are truly grateful by how quickly you generously gave to our Parish needs. May Jesus, through the intercession of Mary, our Lady of Grace, grant you an abundance of grace and to bless our Parish's endeavor.
We are urgently looking for adults to be lectors for our Liturgy especially the Sunday 12:00pm Mass. Please seriously consider this ministry; we need you!
* A practicing Catholic at Holy Spirit Parish
* Receives Holy Communion regularly
* If married, must be married in the Catholic Church
* Prior public speaking experience a plus, but not a necessity.
* Allowing Christ to use you as an instrument in your proclamation of His Words
* Ability to "set fire" in people's hearts with God's message of love
* As you give, you will receive numerous blessings that are "out of this world."
Please contact Rich Skoczylas at email@example.com.
YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY "YAM"
Inviting all Young Adults to join YAM. Our mission is to connect and support all young adults to uncover identity, to discern vocation, to develop leadership, but most of all, to encounter Jesus and participate in His life and mission through Catholic Faith Community. FMI, contact Anthony Tran at AnthonyT@hsccfv.org.
ATTENTION ALL PARISHIONERS
* A friendly reminder to keep all your valuable items at home. We DO NOT have a security patrol, so please be careful about placing your valuable items in the car.
* Starting September, the Church will be open daily at 5:00am except Sunday when we open at 6:00am. Your safety is our priority so we ask for your understanding and cooperation.
Priests and Staff wish to thank many men and women from various ministry who comes together to clean-up the house of God every Thursday after the 9:00am Mass. If you have time on Thursday and would like to help in this special ministry, please contact Roz Esh at (714) 963-1811.
Bible Study Series
All are invited to our ongoing Adult Faith Formation & Bible Study Series.
Please see attachment for complete 2016 Schedule.
Extraordinary Ministers to the Sick
Do you have a couple of hours twice a month on Sunday to bring our Lord to those who are homebound?
During the Jubilee Year of Mercy, “Visit the Sick,” is a corporal work the Church called us to do.
If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Carol Souza at (714) 964-5417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLENARY INDULGENCE OPPORTUNITY
For the 100th anniversary of the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima in Portugal, Pope Francis has decided to grant a plenary indulgence opportunity throughout the entire anniversary year, which began Nov. 27, 2016, and will end Nov. 26, 2017. To obtain the plenary indulgence, the faithful must also fulfill the ordinary conditions: go to Confession and Communion, be interiorly detached from sin, and pray for the intentions of the Holy Father. There are three ways to obtaining the indulgences ... Read More.
If you manage your bills online, we’re sure you’ll like giving to Holy Spirit Catholic Church online. It’s safe and secure, and you decide exactly when your gift is made and where it goes. Online giving let’s you set up a recurring pledge or a one-time gift to our offertory and special collections, so you’ll be able to give the way you want-even if you’ve forgotten your envelope. Read more.
17270 Ward Street - Fountain Valley, CA 92708
"If you love me, keep my commandments." (Jn. 15:14)